MTV WORLD STAGE LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 CONTEST ("Contest")
MTV WORLD STAGE LIVE IN MALAYSIA 2012 ("Event") CONTEST DETAILS
- Commencement Date: 25 May 2012, 12:00 pm (Singapore time)
- Closing Date: 30 June 2012, 11:59 pm (Singapore Time)
- Contest is opened to residents of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Taiwan only.
- Minimum age (as at date of Closing Date): 13 years old
All entries shall be submitted through worldstage.mtvasia.com and must include the following personal details:
- full name
- email address
- mailing address
- national ID (or passport number)
- contactable telephone/mobile number
Entrants who received the “Instant Win” pop-up and are among the fastest participants to submit their particulars during a contest session will win a pair of standard passes (the "Passes") to the Event (each entrant who is the fastest participant to submit their particulars will be referred to as a "Winner", and collectively as "Winners"). Winners are responsible for their own transport and accommodation. Winners will receive an email within forty-eight (48) hours of submission confirming their prize, and asking for verification of the Winner's details. The Winner's entitlement to the Passes will be subject to their acknowledgement of the verification email before 02 July 2012.
One (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified. Passes will be mailed to the Winners by 13 July 2012. The Organiser will not be liable for any damaged, lost or delayed mail via postage.
A CHANCE TO WIN
Entrants who received the “Lucky Draw” pop-up are also eligible to win Passes by answering the question ("In 250 characters or less, tell us why you deserve to attend MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia 2012" (“Question”)). Entries have to be submitted in English. Entries will be judged based on merit and the most creative and enthusiastic answers (to be determined at Organiser’s sole discretion) will win a pair of Passes to the Event (will also be referred to as "Winners").
In addition, entrants who answered the Question and who are also resident of and living in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Philippines or Singapore stand to win an additional prize (the "Grand Prize").
The Grand Prize consists of the following:
For Winners from Hong Kong, Philippines and Indonesia:
- Return airfare on economy class to Kuala Lumpur for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest (who must be fifteen (15) years or over) ("Guest") from the Winner’s country of residence, to be used between 13 July 2012 and 15 July 2012. Airline to be determined at Organiser’s sole discretion;
- In the event that the Grand Prize winner is below twenty-one (21) years of age, he/she must bring along one (1) Guest who is above twenty-one (21) years old;
- Hotel accommodation (twin sharing) for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest for two (2) nights in Kuala Lumpur on a bed-only basis. Hotel accommodation to be determined at Organiser’s sole discretion;
- USD140 cash allowance per day, for each Grand Prize Winner (and Guest), in Kuala Lumpur (or an equivalent value in Malaysian Ringgit) and
- All Grand Prize Winners and Guest(s) must be available to travel to Kuala Lumpur from the 13th to the 15th of July 2012, failing which the Grand Prize may be forfeited.
For Winner from Singapore:
- Return airfare on economy class to Kuala Lumpur for the Grand Prize Winner and one (1) Guest (who must be fifteen (15) years or over) from the Winner’s country of residence, to be used between 14 July 2012 and 15 July 2012. Airline to be determined at Organiser’s sole discretion;
- In the event that the Grand Prize winner is below twenty-one (21) years of age, he/she must bring along one (1) Guest who is above twenty-one (21) years old.
- Hotel accommodation (twin sharing) for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest, for one (1) night, in Kuala Lumpur on a bed only basis. Hotel accommodation to be determined at Organiser’s sole discretion;
- USD140 cash allowance per day, for each Grand Prize Winner (and Guest), in Kuala Lumpur (or an equivalent value in Malaysian Ringgit); and
- All Grand Prize Winners and Guest(s) must be available to travel to Kuala Lumpur from the 14th to the 15th of July 2012, failing which the Grand Prize may be forfeited.
Travel insurance is not included in the Grand Prize, and it is suggested that each Grand Prize Winner and Guest obtain his/her own travel insurance prior to travel.
As a condition to receiving the Grand Prize, each Winner and his/her Guest may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all the Terms of the Contest, a proof of residency form and a release of liability form. Each Grand Prize Winner and his/her Guest are responsible for all applicable taxes and expenses not specified in the Grand Prize description.
Each Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail within seventy-two (72) hours of the Closing Date and will receive written confirmation and full details of the Prize by e-mail as soon as possible after he/she has been notified that he/she has won.
In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason make contact with a potential Winner or Grand Prize Winner within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner or Grand Prize Winner from that same country, who will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner or Grand Prize Winner from that Region.
Multiple entries are allowed during the Contest Period.
Entrants who received the “Miscellaneous Prize” pop-up will win various prizes from our partners and sponsors.
One (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be void and the entrant disqualified.
Prize Winners will be notified within seventy-two (72) hours of the Closing Date for entries.
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This Contest will be governed by these standard terms and conditions, and accompanying Contest Details (collectively the "Terms"). Each entrant agrees that he/she has read and understood these Terms and by their participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Terms.
- The Organiser of the Contest is MTV Asia (MTV Asia, 151 Lorong Chuan, #03-08 New Tech Park, Singapore 556741) ("Organiser") which shall be solely responsible for the execution and administration of this Contest.
- This Contest is held in conjunction with worldstage.mtvasia.com. Entrants may enter the Contest by accessing the website through worldstage.mtvasia.com (the "Contest Site"), answering one or more simple questions. There is no fee to enter the Contest, however internet access charges or other third party connectivity charges may apply. Please check with your internet service provider for current internet access charges, if any. In entering this Contest, all entrants are deemed to have the permission of the person paying such third party charges.
- The Contest shall run strictly in accordance with the stipulated timeframe as stated in the Contest Details.
- This Contest is only open to all legal residents of the country/countries as stated in the Contest Details.
- Unless otherwise prescribed in the Contest Details, to enter the Contest, entrants must be a minimum of fourteen (14) years of age or over at the date of entry. Entrants below the age of eighteen (18) are required to obtain parental/guardian approval to take part in the Contest.
- The following categories of persons are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees (including their immediate families) of Organiser and its respective divisions, affiliates, authorised dealers/distributors, agents; suppliers of the Prize(s); and any other company professionally connected with this Contest. All entrants shall be responsible for ensuring that their entry and/or acceptance of the Prize (as defined below) does not contravene any local laws or regulations. This Contest shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law. “Immediate family” means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
- The Organisers reserve the right to impose any additional requirements as may be required to comply with local laws and regulations.
- All personal details submitted must be accurate and complete and are subject to proof upon request by the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entry not submitted in accordance with these Terms or which tampers with the entry process.
- Incomplete, indecipherable, illegible or incorrect entries or any entry which violates the Terms, will automatically be disqualified. Entries received after the Closing Date will be disqualified.
- The Organiser will not accept any responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. The Organiser shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to the Contest.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Contest Details, entrants may submit more than one (1) entry but in the event of repeat submissions, only the latest entry will be eligible for consideration.
- Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entry that Organiser believes has been made (a) via participation in a syndicate or (b) via any form of machine-assisted intervention enabling computer generated multiple entries, will be disqualified. Organiser reserves the right to discount multiple entries from the same IP address.
- The Organiser’s representatives or appointed judges will select the winner(s) from amongst all eligible and/or correctly-answered entries (each referred to as a “Winner”) by random selection (for lucky draws or games of chance) or on the basis of merit. The Organiser’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained. Winners will be notified via email or telephone (as provided by the entrant in his/her submission), confirming their Prize and providing details on how to acknowledge and collect the Prize. In the event that the Organiser cannot for any reason obtain the Winner’s acknowledgement within twenty four (24) hours of first attempting to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at its sole discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to select an alternative Winner at any time, where the Organiser has reasonable grounds for believing that the initially selected Winner has contravened any of these Terms. Any alternative Winner will be selected applying the same criteria as that used to select the original Winner.
- The Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed Prize in any manner it deems fit.
- Where the Prize consists of any overseas travel: (a) the Winner(s) and travel companion(s) (where applicable) must possess valid travel documentation and visa prior to departure, failing which the entire Prize will be forfeited; and (b) the entire Prize must be utilized within the same trip and in any event, within six (6) months of announcement of the Winner.
- The Prize is as stated and is non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Organiser's control, the Organiser is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organiser’s sole discretion. A Prize may be subject to the additional terms and conditions of the prize supplier. More details on the collection of the Prize will be given to the respective Winner(s) at a later stage.
- Acceptance of the Prize shall constitute consent on the Winner's part (including Winner’s companion’s part, as the case may be), to allow the use of the Winner’s (and Winner’s companion’s) entry, names, images, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes, without further compensation, in any media for an unlimited period of time, except where prohibited by law.
- Acceptance of any Prize shall constitute a release and discharge of the Organiser by each Winner (and/or their companions) from any and all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages which the Winner (and/or their companions) may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Winner (and/or their companions) as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the Prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, Prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable for (i) any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of their obligations to the Winners under these Terms if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organiser, its respective divisions, affiliates, authorized dealers/distributors, agents, suppliers of the Prize(s), including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or (ii) from any loss, damage to property, injury, or death resulting from or related to entrant's participation or inability to participate in this Contest, or the use, misuse or inability to use the Prize or any portion thereof, provided, however, that nothing in these Terms shall limit the Organiser's liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence, deceit or fraud.
- Each provision excluding or limiting liability is to be construed separately and will apply and survive even if for any reason any of the other provisions are held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances. Each of the provisions excluding or limiting liability will remain in force notwithstanding any termination of these Terms.
- No waiver of any rights by the Organiser or any entrant will be taken as a waiver of any other rights it may have. For example, if the Organiser waives their right to object to a particular breach of these terms and conditions by one entrant, it does not prevent the Organiser from objecting to any other breaches by that entrant or any other entrant.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore, save for the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act. (Cap. 53B) which is expressly excluded from application.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms and any advertising, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest, these Terms shall prevail. In the event of any inconsistency between these Standard Terms and Conditions and the Contest Details, the Contest Details shall prevail.
- The Organiser reserve the right to terminate the Contest or to modify the Contest rules and Terms prior to the Closing Date by amending the rules and Terms hereof at its sole and absolute discretion. Any such modifications shall be notified via the Contest Website, and such modifications shall be immediately effective and apply to all entries, including entries that have been submitted to the Organiser.
- Any queries regarding the Contest should specify the name of the Contest and be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.